Monday, July 21, 2008

Manga and anime: your recommendations?

Someone made the great suggestion that we should have a post where everyone shares their manga and anime recommendations.

I'm in the middle of watching season one of To Heart, a super sweet anime about two friends who have lived next door to each other since kindergarten, and now that they are in high school she starts wondering if they could have something more.

I follow a number of manga series. Here is what I love to read in my free time:

Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
Yotsuba&!
Nana
What's Michael?
Red String
Nodame Cantabile

These series are complete now, but also great:

Paradise Kiss
Azumanga Daioh
Miki Falls
Love Roma

What are you into?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For girls, shojo manga's best. My faves mainly come from shojobeat.com

Good Series Titles:
Fushigi Yugi
Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden
100% Perfect Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Imadoki
Aishiteruze Baby
Alice 19th
Angel Diary
Animal Paradise
Backstage Prince
Beauty Pop
Can't Lose You
Cherry Juice
Crossroad
Cynical Orange
Dramacon
Fall In Love Like A Comic
Fruits Basket
AND LOOOOOTS MORE!

Manga/Manhwa Companies/Sites:
yenpress.us
netcomics.com
dmpbooks.com
infinitystudios.com
CMX dccomics.com
gocomi.com *****
gomanga.com
tokyopop.com
vizmedia.com (owner, i think, of shojo beat & shonen jump)
broccolibooks.com
koreanmanhwa.com

http://www.centralparkmedia.com/cpmpress/?CFID=405975&CFTOKEN=90099160

Jackie said...

I like Fullmetal Alchemist & Bleach.

Lynnwood's Anime/Manga Club just watched a two episode preview of Pumpkin Sissors, which was awesome.

Michelle said...

If you are interested in a video anime series I highly recommend "Last Exile". With a wonderful combination of 2D & 3D graphics, well written storyline, and memorable characters, this series tops my favorites list in my anime' collection.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

First thanks for puttin this up and second My fav's

Anime Movies:
Princess mononoke
Howl's moving castle
My neighbor totoro
Spirited away
Castle in the sky

Books:
Beauty pop
fruits basket
DN angel
prince of tennis
Hana kimi
Yu gi oh
Shugo chara
S.A
+Anima

thers more but i can't remember them rite now so When I do I'll post

*Stars*

P.S. Theres a show hana kimi in japanese thats AMAZING!!!!

Ben said...

OMG, Last Exile is SOOO pretty!

The first anime I ever saw was Nausicaa and it was pretty much the perfect blend of giant bugs, and acid seas and sky pirates.

Anonymous said...

alice 19th
imadoki
Aishiteruze Baby
animal paradise
ultra cute
inubaka
and i justlove the manga
fall in love like a comic
*S*