And so the final book in the massively popular Hunger Games trilogy will be named MOCKINGJAY, which, if you are a fan of the series, makes a ton of sense.
What do you think of the cover? Are you excited to read Mockingjay?
What do you think will happen?
There's plenty of time to catch up - Mockingjay won't be released until August 24th. Place your hold for Hunger Games and Catching Fire today!
What, according to editor/author David Levithan on the Scholastic Blog, won't be in Mockingjay:
- Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
- At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
- Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
- All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
- In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.