Monday, August 11, 2008

Can YOU describe your life in 6 words?

So there's this book: Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure that collected life stories in 6 words. Stephen Colbert, Amy Sedaris, Moby, and 1,000 others provided their 6-word memoirs.

Why am I telling you about this? Well, the people who organized that book decided that their favorite entries were the ones submitted by teens. Yep. So, now they are putting together a book filled with ONLY teen 6-word memoirs - and they are taking online submissions. See your words in print! Learn more here, and submit here!

Good luck! Let us know what you submitted!

--Jackie

2 comments:

Treasures By Brenda said...

I am no teenager, as a matter of fact I am a Mom of teens and my quote is:

Loving wife, mother. Aspiring business woman.

I have written a page about the book with quotes and a spot to add your six word sentence. I would be thrilled if you visited it at Your Life Sentence ~~ Six Word Quotations.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

surprising-lonely-happiness-love-friends-family

orrr

hard work-persistant-victory-loss-butstillhappyanyway
(i dunno about you but in my dictionary that is a word lol)

*Stars* (\_/)
(^_~)