Thursday, September 4, 2008

No Midnight Sun?

Fans probably already know, but due to a leak, Stephenie Meyer won't be publishing Midnight Sun in the foreseeable future. From her website:

"So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely."

If you are wanting to read that incomplete draft, find it here. If you are just bummed that you missed the Breaking Dawn Concert when it was in town, perhaps the RGz TV (which Dawn mentioned on Tuesday) coverage of the event will give you your Twilight fix:



Do ignore the fact that Lorie Ann Grover keeps looking for me, and then finds me, and the fact that I'm all confused, and look it *sigh*. I was in the box below them, the one place they couldn't see - right next to B.H., the teen who won the tickets at the Lynnwood Breaking Dawn Party.

I'll try to be less...spazzy tonight when I attempt to tape the Sherman Alexie appearance...

UPDATE: They didn't allow me to tape at the Sherman Alexie thing last night. :(

--Jackie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Midnight Sun? That is a total disappointment! I was really looking forward to some more Twilight stuff! I hope she does continue it..