Monday, January 24, 2011

Upcoming Movies Based on Awesome Teen Books



I Am Number Four is just the latest in the slew of teen books becoming movies, according to Word & Film.

All of these movies will soon be heading to a large screen near you. If you haven't already read them, be sure to place them on hold before everybody else catches on:


Fallen by Lauren Kate


Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (but you guys are all over this one!)


Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
According to the article, "Taylor Lautner is attached to star." (!!!)



Matched by Ally Condie


The Maze Runner by James Dashner


The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare




Read the full article for the full scoop!

Which of these are you most excited about? Have you got your eye on a different movie you can't wait to see? Share in the comments and one commenter will win an ADVANCE COPY of Lauren Oliver's DELIRIUM. It's not out until February, and the library hasn't even purchased it yet. While you wait you can place yourself on hold for Oliver's first book, Before I Fall.

Comment by midnight on Friday, January 28th, and I'll announce the winner on Saturday!

Only students in grades 6-12 who can pick their winnings up at one of the 21 Sno-Isle Libraries are eligible to win.

5 comments:

Kasey R said...

I haven't read Fallen and Matched yet but plan on to so that would be cool to have movies for those. From what I heard, Matched would be wonderful. This summer is Harry Potter of course :) so that's definitely a must as well as Cars 2. What got me super duper excited was Mr. Popper's Penguins this summer. That'll be adorable

Kj said...

I'm really excited about the Hunger Games movie, I'm actually planning a day with a couple friends of mine where we chill out together for the whole day and then go to the theater and see it together. We have some super high hopes for this movie!! Let's hope it is absolutely fantastic! =)
-Krystal J

Krista R said...

Seeing as I have read all but a couple of these books, its really hard to choose. As much as I love The Hunger Games, it will always outdo any movie they try to make, so my vote is for the mortal instruments movie! Its simple enough that they can get all of the romance and action right, I think.

Unknown said...

I had no idea they were making movies out of any of these books, except for I Am Number 4 because the previews play for that one all the time. I love love LOVE the Hunger Games though, but I don't know about a movie... I just hope they can make it live up to the books. As for the Fallen series, the Maze Runner, and the Mortal Instruments, I've never read any of the books but I've wanted to for a while and they are in my hold's list. But I'm super excited for The Hobbit movie! But I think that'll be due more in 2012...

dope16yroldteen. andlovingitt.x said...

Love It! (: One book you forgot to put in that list that was just recently turned into a feature film is Bad Kids Go To Hell. Its an excellent book.