Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer List

By now I am sure everyone has heard the phrase "Bucket List". This is a list of things that someone wants to do before they die.
Each summer I have a Summer List. My list of things I want to do over the summer.
Well, guess what? I hate to say it but summer is almost over. Time to check my list.




  • Read George R R Martin's A Dance With Dragons - Check.
    I waited 6 years for this book and was very excited to get my hands on it this summer. I hate to admit it but I was a little disappointed. This series is so over the top fantastic that it couldn't maintain its excellence. However, this and the last volume covered a time period that the author was initially going to just bridge over, so I am trying to just look at it as bonus material. Like an director's cut of a movie.


  • Go Sailing. - Epic Fail.
    The wind failed to check with my calendar and coordinate with my days off. Nothing worse than going for a "float".


  • See Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. - Check.
    I was very pleased with the way they wrapped up the movie series. When it comes to movies I can be a real sap and this movie was no exception. I managed to get myself all chocked up by the end. It has been an amazing experience to watch those actors grow up.
    In a previous blog post I wrote about being able to separate a book I like from the movie version. This movie fits into that discussion perfectly. The movie was not the book but it was something I could enjoy on its own merits.


  • Build a new PC. - Check. And it screams!
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
    Antec 750W power supply
    Intel i5 2400
    8G RAM
    Radeon 6850 GPU
    Of course, my 14 year old son has been enjoying it the most!

What was on your Summer List? Anything yet undone? There is still time!


Nate - Snohomish Library

No comments: