Monday, July 23, 2012

Featured Teen Book Review of the Week: Curveball, the Year I Lost My Grip

Curveball, the Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnenblick

4 stars.


Describe the book: Peter LOVES baseball. He's been playing it for what seems like forever, and can't possibly imagine a future without it. But, sadly, the doctor says he will have to after a pitching accident over the summer. And if that wasn't enough to think about, Pete believes that his father may be losing his mind, AND that he's crushing on this girl, Angie.


What did you think: I first had my doubts about this book. I mean, I'm someone who never really got sports, and reading a book that seems to be based off of it? Please! But, I thought I'd give it a try. And I was SO wrong. This book is SO much more than pitching and hitting a homerun. My favorite part was when Pete finally knew what was 'so off' about his grandpa.


Who would you recommend it to: people who love sports and photography

- Z.W. (Grade 7) from Lynnwood Library

A teen submitted review is featured every Monday. The reviews will be chosen from the Sno-Isle Teen Book Reviews. To win you must be a teen (6th-12th grade, or 12-18) who uses a Sno-Isle Library. If your review is featured, one of our librarians will contact you with a small prize!

No comments: