Saturday, July 28, 2012

Movies About Books...revisited

Around a year ago I wrote a post about how I feel about movies that have been turned into books. In that post I mentioned two fairly long books, Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.
These are long books that are jam packed full of world building detail and their plots can be viewed as complex. However, at least they unfold in a linear fashion.

The same can not be said for the next book to movie translation I am anticipating.  Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell is a book noted for how challenging it is to read and yet they are turning it into a movie!


I am very curious to see how they pull this off. The Wachowski brothers are the directors, which could be a very good thing or a very bad thing. We shall see come October 2012.

No comments: