Monday, August 13, 2012

Featured Teen Book Review of the Week: Inkheart

Inkheart by Cornelia Caroline Funke

4 stars.

Describe the book: Meggie and her father Mo live in a house filled with books that whisper their wonderful stories to them in the night, books that inspire them, books that call to them. But never once has Mo read aloud to Meggie from a book. But soon, Meggie discovers that whenever Mo reads aloud, the things that he reads about come to life.

What did you think: I really, really, really loved this book because the author touched my heart. When I read it, I realized that I wasn't the only person who feels like I can get lost in a book. Another reason I loved it was because at the beginning of each chapter, there was a very inspiring quote from another classic fairy tale that fitted the nature of the story.

Who would you recommend it to: People who like wonderful and inspiring stories.

- E.C. (Grade 7) from Sultan Library

A teen submitted review is featured every Monday. The reviews will be chosen from the Sno-Isle Teen Book Reviews. To win you must be a teen (6th-12th grade, or 12-18) who uses a Sno-Isle Library. If your review is featured, one of our librarians will contact you with a small prize!

No comments: