Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Last but not least, Dawn


Hiya! I'm Dawn, the teen librarian at Mountlake Terrace Library. I've been working here for less than a year, but have worked as a librarian in Bellevue and Chicago, too. I originally grew up in Spokane, went to college in Bellingham, and libary school in Illinois. I've also lived in Portland and England. I love seeing new places and meeting new people :)

I'm really excited about all the great stuff we have going for teens here at Sno-Isle...the new website is the just tip of the iceberg. We have lots of video game equipment now, and are offering more and more gaming programs in the libraries. There are Teen Advisory Boards springing up all over the system. And this summer we will have our first Teen Summer Reading program...which will be fun, easy, and have fabulous prizes.

When I'm not at the library I enjoy reading (surprise!), watching movies, playing drums in my band, gardening, traveling, writing in my blog, cooking, going out to see shows, and taking photos.

Come on in to the library and introduce yourself. I'd love to hear about what you have been reading, what music you're into, and what how you would change the library if you were in charge. Or just drop a note here on the blog.

No comments: