Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where is Mockingjay?

If you are like me, you are anxiously awaiting Mockingjay which came out today in bookstores everywhere. But if you go into the library, unfortunately you won't see it on the shelf. Right now we have 462 folks waiting for the book, so it will need to go out to all of them before it even comes close to seeing an actual teen area book shelf. But we have 82 copies going out this week, so we should be seeing it soon!

Haven't heard of this book at all? You are totally missing out! It is the finale in a teen science-fiction about a world in which teens are forced to battle to the death on network tv filled with adventure, romance, betrayal and high fashion. They are SO good. Start with Hunger Games, and follow it up with Catching Fire before you read Mockingjay. This is one series you definitely can not read out of order!

And while you wait, here are some of my favorite series to tide you over:

The Uglies series: Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfeld

The Tiffany Aching books: Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith and (soon to be out) I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

The Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye, Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud

1 comment:

ms mellon said...

Thanks for the brief summary of the Hunger series - I've watched that book fly off the shelves but had no clue about it, didn't even know it was a series.

Best of all, you've let me know that a 4th Tiffany Aching book is in the works! Oh, happy, happy. I have the 1st 2 on my ipod, and I listen to them over and over to occupy my mind while working on something (like housecleaning), just loving the language, the shenanigans, the down-to-earth truths, and anticipating the next thing that will make me laugh out loud.