Thursday, November 1, 2012

Do you like to write?


I don't know about you, but I really really like the idea of writing, but rarely actually do any. So NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month has always appealed to me.  It is a great opportunity to find support online to get motivated to actually get some writing done.

This year we aren't offering any NaNoWriMo programs at our libraries, but I have got a few questions from folks about this.  If we were to offer weekly support groups next year, do you think you would participate?

What do you plan to write about if you are doing it this year?

Do you plan to do the regular NaNoWriMo, or participate in the Young Writers Program

Have you done this before?  I'd love to hear about how that went for you.

1 comment:

Mindy Hardwick said...

I am an adult who writes for children and teens, and yes, I am participating in NaNoWriMo! I've done it for a couple years and it's a great way to get a draft done without pushing myself into the editing process too early.

I'd love to help with a NaNoWriMo program for teen writers next year at Sno-Isle! King County has had NaNoWriMo workshops and they are very beneficial during the month. It helps keep the momentum going! It can get challenging in the middle of the month!

Mindy Hardwick
www.mindyhardwick.com