Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Featured Teen Book Review of the Week: Crank

 I love the enthusiasm AL brings to this review, and that she is willing to give the novel-in-verse "poem-type writing" a chance.

Crank
4 stars.

Describe the book: Crank is about a girl named Kristina who is taken over by a 'monster' that controls her life. This monster is the drug meth. As Kristina develops her relationship with the monster, she turns more and more to her alternate self "Bree". This story is told in poem from and is spectacular!

What did you think: I loved this book. At first it really creeped me out (in a good way)and the writing confused me a little, but once I got the hang of it I totally fell in love with her poem-type writing!

Who would you recommend it to: People who like psychological thrillers and poetry

A.L. (Grade 11) from Snohomish Library

No comments: