Monday, October 17, 2011

Teens' Top Ten Revealed


The 2011 Teen's Top Ten list has been announced!
Every year teens vote on their top ten favorite books of the previous year, and the winners are announced during the month of October. Nominees are selected by sixteen book groups from all over the United States - including the Mukilteo Library's very own Teen Advisory Group! Then during the months of August and September, teens vote online for their favorites.
Without further ado - this year's winners:
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  • Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  • Matched by Ally Condie
  • Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson
  • Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  • Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Have you read any of these books? Are there any books you think should have been included on the list that didn't make it? You can order them from Sno-Isle Libraries here.
Learn more about the Teens' Top Ten and see a list of all titles nominated here.


1 comment:

Noah said...

That's amazing! I've heard of all of those books and read most of them! The only ones I haven't read are Crescendo (I started it but decided I hated the series too much to finish), Angel (yet another series I stopped partway through), I Am Number Four (Well, I saw the movie ^.^)and Before I Fall (which I've been meaning to read).

I'm pretty happy with most of these, though! Clockwork Angel is one of my favorite books, Mockingjay is part of an amazing series (though sadly not a satisfying conclusion), The Iron King is part of a series I hate but am completely and wholly addicted to, Nightshade was weird but not too bad, and Paranormalcy is absolutely fantastic!