Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Hunger Games Movie has a Katniss!

And it will be Oscar-nominated Jennifer Lawrence!

What do you think? Relief? Travesty?

I'll admit I was hoping for Hailee Steinfeld, as I think that Jennifer Lawrence, at 20, is too old to play Katniss for the many years it will take to complete the trilogy. But maybe when I see Winter's Bone (the movie that propelled her to the Oscar nomination) I'll change my mind.

The Wrap also mentions that Alex Pettyfer is rumored to be the first choice for the role of Peeta. I haven't heard any rumors for casting Gale, have you?

Sound off in the comments, and one of you will win DROUGHT by Pam Bachorz.

"Ruby's blood holds the secret to the Water that keeps her and her fellow Congregants alive and enriches Darwin West, who has enslaved them for two centuries, but when her romance with an Overseer, Ford, brings her freedom in the modern world, she faces a terrible choice."

You have until midnight on Sunday, March 20th to comment, and only those ages 12-18 or in grades 6-12, who can pick up the prize at a Sno-Isle Library are eligible to win.

2 comments:

cinemaniac said...

I was hoping for Hailee Steinfeld too. Jennifer Lawrence was awesome in Winter's Bone playing a 16 year old. I think she'll bring depth to Katniss. Can't wait.

Kasey R said...

I'm fine with whoever plays her, I haven't read the book yet so I hold no opinion. But I am quite excited for the movie and still mean to read the book :)