Sunday, March 27, 2011

Teen Review of the Week: Captivate by Carrie Jones

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Description:
Zara and her friends thought that they'd solved the pixie problem after they locked her father, the pixie king, and his court up. Apparently, they were wrong. As it turns out, there is more than one pixie king, and more and more pixies begin to flock to their tiny little town in Maine, all after the same things: Power- and Zara.

My Thoughts:
I loved Need. Absolutely LOVED Need. So my question is to why Carrie Jones didn't stop there. Captivate was just a complete train wreck compared to Need and I was bored out of my mind. The characters I once loved became hated enemies, and the book itself became so loathe-worthy I couldn't even finish. And that's saying something.

Recommendation:
Nobody. Just stick with the first book.

M.B., grade 9, Marysville

I'll be sending MB a free book for her review! Don't forget to submit a review for your chance at a free book!

No comments: