Thursday, May 26, 2011

MMORPG Anticipation

I have a long history with MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role-playing games).

My first was the now laughably archaic Neverwinter Nights on AOL.


I dabble in lots of different video games for the console or PC. Turn based historical simulations, solo rpgs, first person shooters and real time strategy are all styles that I enjoy.

However, nothing beats exploring a massive online world with other players and right now I am anxiously anticipating a new online rpg that is on the horizon.

Bioware is an extremely well respected gaming company that has a unblemished record of creating outstanding games. The Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights I and II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II, and Dragon Age I and II are all Bioware homeruns.

Bioware is now working on a mmorpg in the Star War universe. It is called Star Wars: The Old Republic.

No matter which side of the Force you fall on, there is something for you.

Create a Jedi.





Or maybe a Sith Inquisitor is more your style.



MMORPGs sure have come a long way!

See you around the galaxy.
Nate - Snohomish Library

No comments: