Friday, May 20, 2011

Teen Review of the Week: A Voice in the Wind

Here's a belated TRW as I got sick and shirked my duties. Sorry all! I'll return you to your regularly scheduled TRW on Sunday.

A Voice In The Wind by Francine Rivers


Description:

This is now my most favorite book! Set in Rome, this book is about a captured Christian named Hadassah, and a parallel story about a captured Germanic gladiator named Atretes. Hadassah's master is a 16-year old aristocrat girl named Julia. She falls in love with her Julia's brother, Marcus. A tale of faith, love, murder, and real Rome.

My Thoughts:

I loved seeing both Atretes and Marcus change from "animals" into real men. What an affect women can have on them, seriously!

Recommendation:
Sentimental fiction, Christian Fiction, Rome

--RH, grade 9, Edmonds Library

If you'd like a chance at being the Teen Review of the Week, be sure to submit your reviews! I'll be sending RH a free copy of the new Amy Goldman Koss title The Not So Great Depression.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I really want to read this! My mom read these books and I kept trying to read them, but she kept reminding me that I still had to do schoolwork. :( Good thing summers almost here! :D