Sunday, April 10, 2011

Teen Review of the Week: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Description:
Yalena has been in prision for a while before she is offered a way out of being executed, becoming the general's food taster. Her choices are grim either way. If she accepts the job, she'll be slowly poisoned, if she doesn't she gets hung. Yaleana thinks it through, and chooses the choice that she thinks she can elude death in easier.

My Thoughts:
I really liked this book because it's adventurous and different than most other books I've read. Yaleana is a spirited character, and she reminds me somewhat of myself, only different. My favorite part is near the end, but obvoiusly I can't tell you about it because then you'd know how the story ends!

Recommendation:
Fiction-romance-magic lovers. People like me.

--K.S., grade 8, Lynnwood

KS will be receiving a free copy of Captivate by Carrie Jones. If you want a chance at winning a free book, be sure to submit your review!

1 comment:

Aileen said...

GREAT book!