Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who should be cast in The Hunger Games?


It was announced last week that the roles of Peeta and Gale in the upcoming The Hunger Games film have been cast. We already know that Jennifer Lawrence (nominated for an Oscar in her performance in Winter’s Bone) has been cast as Katniss. Josh Hutcherson (from The Kids Are Alright) and Liam Hemsworth (of The Last Song with Miley Cyrus) have nabbed the roles of Peeta and Gale respectively. IMHO, I think the male leads were cast perfectly, but the buzz from the fans are about 50-50 split.


This leaves one major casting decision still left to make: The role of Haymitch Abernathy, the only living Hunger Games winner of District 12. Who do you think should play him? My money is on Robert Downey Jr. The roles of Effie and Prim are up for grabs too.

Who do you think should have been cast for The Hunger Games? Are you excited for the film adaptation? Will it be bigger than the Twilight franchise? Leave your comments below!

1 comment:

Noah B. said...

I'm excited but also extremely scared for the film adaptation.
I'm also one of those rabid fans that wants to kill Josh Hutcherson because he is NOT Peeta, but maybe that's just me. Personally, I think that Hunter Parish would have made an awesome Peeta, but whatever. Gale I'm alright with, but I never really liked him in the first place, so I'm more apathetic about his casting.
Robert Downey Jr. would be pretty good as Haymitch, but I think that Hugh Laurie would be absolutely perfect. Either way, I guess. And Kristen Chennoweth would make a great Effie :D
Beyond that, maybe someone like Elle Fanning for Prim? And Jamia Nash would make an adorable Rue. Sophia Linkletter looks like a Madge, and maybe Drew Seeley for Cinna?
And- though I cringe to name a Twilight star as a casting choice- Xavier Samuel might be another Cinna.
I'll stop myself there before I get carried away, though I'd love to run through the tributes and other side characters.